[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: New Orleans and flooding

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:51:03 -0700 (PDT)

Shelley,

Africa is on the cover, as portrayed at the site, but
the text next to it lists this:

Wild Cards!
Louisiana Wetlands
More Online

It does sound like what you read, though, because part
of it was about the sinking of the wetlands because of
the extraction of oil and gas. That's one of the
things I found edifying and interesting--and the loss
of that town and the crabbers.

The September issue probably hit the stands and went
to subscribers some time in August--but maybe NG but
this article online recently because of the hurricane.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com