[bksvol-discuss] OT: Need some help to see if a page is accessible

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:48:47 -0600

I've just started writing book reviews on my blog of books that are available through Bookshare, and would really appreciate some help to tell me if my blog is readable if you are blind. I'm slowly reworking it so that the photos have at the very least captions and titles that help explain what they are about. But I'm not sure how JAWS and screen readers or braille displays handle embedded titles that a sighted reader sees when they hover a mouse over an image.

Anyone who has the time and can take a look, I'd be really grateful. Please send any feedback or replies directly to me at my email address cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so that it doesn't clog this list. smile.

Also, I have no idea if there are any general tricks to making a page that uses WordPress more accessible. Wordpress is the software running the blog. Any feedback on that would be helpful, too.

Here's the link to my most recent post, which is a book review and talks about Bookshare. smile.

http://tinyurl.com/4hh3ye8

Thanks!

Judy s.