[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT NYC get-together

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:23:11 -0400 (EDT)

That sounds good.  I'm always up for a new Irish bar/restaurant.
Tracy

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, E. wrote:

There are several little Irish bar restaurants a few doors from Grand Central which are actually nicer than Friday's. The next time I go into the city I will give you better info with addresses and names. Also, there is a Chinese restaurant called Evergreens which hasChinese and Japanese food. It is at 38 and fifth avenue. Again will post addresses to anyone interested.
At 08:05 AM 6/21/2005, you wrote:

New York City area volunteers,
There is a TGI Fridays at 47 E 42nd St., a few doors east of Madison, which
makes it convenient for both me and E.  They have a tasty grilled vegetable
and pasta dish, 3 or 4 kinds of fish, and other stuff for meat-eaters.  It
cost me and my husband about $47 for dinner and drinks, so it ain't cheap,
but it could be worse. There was music, but not so loud that we couldn't
carry on a normal conversation, at least around 5, when we were there.
So, what say we meet there next Monday, around, say, 5 PM?  That would be
the 27th. It would be fun to meet other volunteers!
Talk to me.  Time and date are certainly negotiable.
We can take this private, if only a few people are interested.
Tracy