[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT NVDA Free Screen Reader

  • From: "Daria Radford" <dasha95@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 23:36:48 -0400

I just downloaded it and it doesn't have the correct number of pages. Someone care to tell me where the new copy that was to have been in the collection according to the email I received is?

Daria

-----Original Message----- From: Daria Radford
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:26 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT NVDA Free Screen Reader

On a completely unrelated topic. I received an email a month or more ago
saying that a book I had done a quality report on had been placed in the
collection replacing an old copy but when I went to look for it I found only
the old copy. Could someone do me a favor and download the book for me and
make sure it has the correct number of pages? The information says 656 but
in reality it is between 850 and 865 as I recall.
The book is To Light A candle The obsidian Trilogy bk 2 by Mercedes Lackey
and James Mallory.
Thanks,
Daria

-----Original Message----- From: Chela Robles
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:27 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use NVDA as my prime screen reader right now, I use eloquence with it
and I like Nuance Vocalizer feel free to subscribe to the nvda list
which you can find a form to subscribe to it on the nvda site
nvda-project.org It is in my opinion very great for a free alternative.
It can handle the bookshare site very well as well. I've been using this
screen reader for a year now and I love the addons it supports there are
several of them including ones for speech synths.
In fact that is what I used to pass the national exam that I posted
about when I did the customer service course workshop thing at East Bay
Works on September 30th. It is very versatile in that it can run with no
problems on a usb thumb drive of course after you make a portable copy
onto your thumb drive.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF):

On 10/25/2012 12:20 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Has anyone used the 2012 version of the free NVDA screen reader? How well does it work with sites like Bookshare? Also, how good or bad is the built in free voice synthesizer, eSpeech?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have used it!

Judy s.