[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Music charts

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:05:30 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Mickey--because I still don't understand.  Is
a chart different from a score? I tried to find an
illustration online but I couldn't.  Maybe your
husband could attach an example and email it to me, or
explain in a little more detail?  I'm just curious,
because this book, Ray Charles, Man and Music, it goes
into sos much detail that it even mentions who did the
charts for what songs, and that when Count Basie, I
think it was, stopped touring he sent  all his charts
to Ray.  I think I have an idea from the context --
I'm imagining a score or arrangement for each
different instrument--but I'm not sure I'm imagining
correctly.  smile

Cindy