[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Mainstreaming

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:59:54 -0800

Hello E,

That sounds like what was in place in the Royal Oak school system in
Michigan. WE started going to regular classes on about a 50 50 basis in the
fourth grade. Music, science and social studies. IN the 7th grade I had a
assistant that helped with tests and other special needs that came in a
couple of times a week. I did go to a local high school which looking back
did make a big difference over the years.

I do have to give my parents credit though. Someone from the gDSB told them
to treat me like the rest of the kids and they believed it. I lost my sight
in the second grade so as I got older and friends from school would stay
over I remember my mom telling me... They seem so blind compared to you. I
really can't remember a time when they held me back from doing something.
When I was 16 and wanted to get a summer job at the pickle factory near the
cottage my Mom even applied for a job with me to make it work. We never did
get me in but that was the attitude they had.

Oh Yeah, I got the belt when I messed up too just like the rest of the
kids:)

Katie Hill
The Reconnection & reiki Healing
Get yur personalized numerology chart