[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Looking for books written in more than one language

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 07:47:05 -0500

Well, speech users may get accustomed to listening to German with
American pronucniation, but Braille readers and transcribers want to see
the proper Braille code used. This means that the xml file must contain
markup that enables the Braille translator to switch Braille codes
automatically. At present, there is nothing you could put in an rtf file
that would cause the correct xml markup to be generated. I feel that
Bookshare needs to provide something.

John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com