[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Learning Braille

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:22:43 -0800

HI Lora,

I came in during the middle of second grade so Kind of jumped ahead. My car
accident was in October of 62 and I went back to school in early February of
63. they started us on typing in the fourth grade on those good old Royal
typewriters. I had Braille books through out grade school but by the time I
got to high school everything except math and geometry came on tape.

I don't remember when I started using a brailler but I started learning
Braille on what we called a pin board. It had the sets of Braille cells and
we put little pins in to make the letters.

Back then I wanted to be a teacher because my grade school teacher was a
blind woman. Ended up sharing my time over the years working in an auto
plant, being a musician and computer support.

Katie Hill
The Reconnection & reiki Healing
Get yur personalized numerology chart
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx