[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Jack Chalker, science fiction author, dies

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:47:17 -0800 (PST)

I usually prefer science fiction to fantasy, but I REALLY liked Chalker's
tetralogy The Four Lords of the Diamond.  I'd recommend it to anyone who likes
either sci fi or fantasy.

Very sad to hear that Chalker's dead now.  Sigh...

Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The following obit was sent to me by someone who
thought those of you who are science-fiction fans
might find it interesting. Three of his books are in
our collection: Downtiming the Night Side, Four Lords
of the Diamond, and A War of Shadows. From reading
this obit, it sounds as if some of the others, if
obrtainable, might be good additions to the
collection.

Cindy

> "In person, in his prime, Chalker was a burly,
> gemütlich individual easily mistaken for a redneck
by those insufficiently familiar with the complicated
richness of mid-American life a few decades ago."

http://mail.yahoo.com