[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Hurricane Rita & Texas

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:00:17 -0500

Cindy,

We're in Dallas, not Houston.  Yesterday the news was saying that we'll
probably get Rita's eye coming through here, but I haven't heard the updated
path today.  They were predicting rain and 60 mile per hour winds for our
area if it does which is equivalent to some of the thunderstorms we get
here.

Many of the Houston evacuees are coming here, and I just heard them say that
the hospital patients which were evacuated from New Orleans to Houston are
being moved here.  The hospital where Karen volunteers called yesterday to
see if we could keep a staff member from their Houston affiliate, so it
looks as if we'll be getting some company tomorrow.  Karen's expecting the
hospital to call with the details some time today.

Gerald