[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Frankenstein et al

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:24:17 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, Frankenstein, actually the monster never had a name, was actually quite
human in his heart and feelings, and when he was rebuked, attacked, and
beaten, that was when he finally destroyed.  It was indeed an accident, he
did love her, and actually it was her brothers who became angry towards him.
Not her, she wasn't to sure.

Another aspect that I thought of was how the monster tried to destroy his
creator, Victor, and how revenge in the end, he destroyed himself, as he had
killed his creator and he thought that was the worst possible thing.  The
whole moral, that revenge is sweet, may be satisfying, but... in the end
will destroy you just as swiftly as you destroyed the people you had revenge
against.

It was an absolutely great story.

I highly recommend it, as my teacher at the time Ms. Mick, it was well a
book that definitely made you think.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council