[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Forbes Field

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:39:01 +0000

 Hi Jim,

You just made me feel old.  I knew of Clemente's record breaking last hit but I was thinking of when Bill Mazerowski hit the homer that gave the Pirates their first World Series in more years than I remember. I never was in 3 Rivers Stadium.

For those of us who lovingly remember Forbes Field, and we are legend, the powers that be left a row of bricks surrounded by grass where the outer wall was behind what is now the Pitt main library and nearby buildings.  I have not been there in years but it is one thing I remember fondly and would walk that way when I went to nearby classes.

Thanks for the memories.

Amy

--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,