[bksvol-discuss] OT, FW: Vote for Equality in the Science Classroom in September

  • From: "Grace Pires" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:17:18 -0400

Hi Everyone:

I feel that this is only somewhat off topic, it has to do with educating
blind children. Please read below.

Thanks.

Grace

Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Vote for Equality in the Science Classroom in
September

September is another opportunity for you to make a difference with just a
few seconds of your time each day. Blind students are too often denied their
chance at full inclusion in the classroom because educators and the greater
community believe certain subjects to be dependent upon sight. The sciences
are one area where these misconceptions are prevalent. You can help promote
the ability of blind students to excel, if only given the opportunity and
access, by logging your daily votes for the National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh project. The top two projects by
popular vote will win a grant of $250,000. There are three easy and
completely free ways to vote each day, and we encourage you to make use of
all three (that's 90 votes in the month of September, from one person
alone!)

1.  Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a
2.  text, and send that text to 73774. *Standard text-messaging rates apply
3.

4.
5.      Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to
vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook option. Once you're
successfully logged in, click the vote button on our page again and the vote
link will disappear and you'll have logged your vote!
6.      Go to www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam, click the link to
vote, and then choose the sign in directly with Pepsi option. Once you're
successfully logged in, click the vote button on our page again and the vote
link will disappear and you'll have logged your vote!

There are detailed instructions for the online voting method for those using
screen readers at www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636> &ID=636, as well as a
place to sign up for daily e-mail and text reminders at