[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Dwarf and dwarves

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:59:50 -0800

Hello all. Sorry for misleading. I am completely wrong in that a word itself can't be copyrighted. I think I meant trademarked which is a completely different matter. I honestly don't remember the discussion of dwarfs and dwarves except that I read it a few years ago and Tolkien was upset that the publisher changed it. Thanks for researching this though. My apologies for saying that a word was copyrighted when it was not. Letally it would be impossible to copyright a word. Trademarking is completely different and is way off topic for this list.