[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Dogs

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:43:00 -0400

I partnered with two shepherds. My first dog was a shepherd. She and I were together for nine years. I say "first dog" since the dog I had before her was during my last year of high school. She was a mix of lab and golden. She failed at guiding. I also partnered with another shepherd during the nineties. We were together for eight years.

E.
At 08:33 PM 8/24/2006, you wrote:

HI E,

Yes, I have been noting the suggestions dog owners have had. It will
probably be into next year before I make the move. Have you always had labs?

Expand your wealth at 838gold.com

The greatest problem in communication is the illusion that it has been
accomplished.
- George Bernard Shaw

Katie Hill Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of E. Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:16 PM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Dogs

Pay attention to some particular things about schools.  Notice the people
who work well with dogs.  They tend to get dogs from certain
schools.  Perhaps you can also visit with folks from schools if you are
ever at blindness conventions and such.  I think the follow up and support
a school offers is vital to its graduates.  All my dog training and dogs
have been with Seeing Eye.  I partnered with my first dog in 1970.  Have
had dog partners since then most of the time with some year or so breaks
between at various times for various reasons.  Dogs are truly wonderful
beings.  They are so empathetic and good spirited.

Burton is going to be four in December.  He is a black lab.  I have been
with him since he was two.  He loves to go hiking besides working well on
city streets or in my small town.

E.

http://www.eset.com