[bksvol-discuss] OT: Dell laptops

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:44:13 -0400

Hi      Kaitlyn,

On my Dell 8000 the normal battery takes up the right slot on the bottom front, while a battery can be purchased for the left slot which usually has the floppy drive. Both slots are the same size, but mirror images of each other so the right battery won't fit in the left slot.
Have you downloaded a manual from the Dell web site? They are in html format and read well. You download it as an exe file and it unpacks to a number of files.

Dave

At 11:19 PM 6/13/2005, you wrote:
Hi Dave,

You may be right on the disk drive coming out for a second battery. I have a
Dell 91000 which is their full blown laptop that is a desktop. The main
battery in on the bottom side and is quite large. I bet a second battery
would go in this other slot.

Kaitlyn