[bksvol-discuss] OT: Congrats,Smoke-free Julie--

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:09:30 -0700 (PDT)

Congratulations, Julie, and keep it up. I know how
hard it is to give up smoking.  I gave it up the day I
got married -- it was part of a bargain with my
husband-- and for years, literally, I would dream of
sneaking smokes. I missed it most after meals, and
during work breaks. When watching television,I either
ate popcorn (not as fattening as chips, though I
occasionally ate those, too) and did various kinds of
needlework (in those days one didn't have to watch tv
as carefully as one does now) to keep my hands busy.
Now I still have to keep my hands busy, either by
ironing or rolling metal ball to keep my hands limber.

So keep at it. It stays hard for a wall, but
eventually gets easier. Are you doing it cold turkey
or using a patch or some such thing? My personal
opinion, despite what some experts may say, is that
smoking is a psychological addiction, not a physical
one. I didn't have any physical withdrawal
symptoms--not like headaches when I stopped drinking
coffee.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs