[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Computer Problem

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:58:34 -0700

If you have a notebook computer, then the hinge may be pinching the cable that goes from the computer main board to the display. Thus everything is in fact working fine except what is being displayed is distorted. At least that is what happened to me when my display turned to stripes. Usually, I would just have to open and shut the display a time or two and it would be ok. My sister is still using that computer, just has to open and shut it once in a while

Misha

On 8/16/2010 1:03 PM, Melissa Smith wrote:
Sure.
Melissa Smith

On 8/16/2010 2:31 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
Melissa, I have a sighted friend who can help you out, can I have your
permission to forward this to him and you can correspond to him to
help solve this issue you're having? He might need to not only know
the problem you're having, but OS and computer info as well. Good luck
and his name is Nathan Dyer.

On 8/16/10, Melissa Smith<mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I thought one of you techy folks might be able to help. I've had this
happen twice now that I know of. My computer will appear to be working
fine, but the screen is nothing but stripes. I say it appears to be
working fine, because my screen reader is not having any trouble reading
things, and I'm able to do everything. As a matter of fact, it is like
that as I compose this message. The only reason I know it is like this
is that I was going to show something to a sighted person who told me
that there was nothing on the screen but stripes. It is not my normal
screen saver, and nothing seems to get rid of it. I just complete shut
my computer down, and waited about 20 minutes before turning it back on
and it is still the same way. The last time this happened I shut it down
a couple of times to no avail, so shut it down for the night, and
decided to deal with it in the morning. Well, the next morning
everything was fine, no stripes. Any ideas what is going on? Feel free
to contact me offlist at mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx .
Thanks,

--
Melissa Smith