[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Bookshare birthdays

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:58:40 -0600

Hi Lissi!

My sentiments, exactly.

I have learned so much from this list, and love it when we get into the more personal subjects, no matter how off-topic they have become, because they are interesting, and I've read them all. I love it when people's sense of humor shows.

I also miss people if they have to unsubscribe.

Debby

At 12:46 AM 2/9/2010, Estelnalissi wrote
Dear Jamie, and Booksharian Friends,

My very warmest birthday wishes to all of you with February birthdays! Talking about birthdays, yours especially, has been delightful.

I love it when we transcend our volunteer concerns and express affection and appreciation for each other as individuals. Our scanning and proofing problem solving and networking are of prime importance, but I love it when we trust enough to share some of what makes us unique. When I think of each person here, I recall your Bookshare contributions and preferences, and what you've written about your families, work, likes and dislikes, hobbies and values.

Reading the list mail keeps me current as we refine and adjust our techniques. But, I admit, I hang around because I like the company. When people join, I look forward to getting to know them. When people drop off, I wonder how they are. I miss them.

Jamie, who new you were compiling our Birth dates? That's so unexpected and thoughtful!!!

Evan's birthday is April 24th. Following Doug's lead, he's already compiling his day of breakfasts. It's bound to evolve but as of now it's:

First Breakfast, french toast barges sinking in sweet sticky syrup and lots of crispy bacon Second breakfast, hash browns and sausage links, an orange, and, with a nod to Bilbo the hobbit, seed cakes Third breakfast, egg, ham and onion scramble, and long cooking oatmeal with brown sugar. Fourth breakfast, at Happy Birthday To You time, Bryer's chocolate ice cream followed by chocolate, chocolate chip muffins, or chocolate lava cake if I can figure out how to make it.

My birthday is April 8th, the day Frodo and Sam woke up from their healing sleep after destroying the ring and being rescued from Mordor by Gandalf and the eagles. Contact with friends, happy, bright, yellow daffodils and story time would make my birthday ideal.

Always with love,

Lissi