[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Blind charities praise Google for finding accessible sites

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:35:32 -0400

Gerald et al,

While I'm not Jim, I'll comment on this:

Google has already placed audio equivalents of CAPTIA's, verification
graphics, for most of their sites that require such verification.  The few
sites that lack such graphics are soon going to have that feature added.  I
compare Google to what Microsoft used to be in it early days of its
existence.  Microsoft still has a long way to go when it comes to
accessibility while Google seems to be taking the challenge quite seriously.

Pratik

  _____