[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Bioptics and Driving a Car

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

I do use spell check in word, but not until after the book is completely done.

  When I scan I scan, depending upon the size of the book's page, 10 or 20
pages at once, OCR those 10 or 20 pages, then paste them into word. Then I do
it again.

  It is the OCR's spell check that is flagging every screwed up word and they
aren't all the same word. Like they spelled been with three e's one time. Then
one time they spelled length lenght. Every page has that junk. But the big
problem I'm finding with the book is the ever increasing amounts of
mathematical equations. They don't scan right and I don't know how to type them
in right. I had to stop scanning it for the night. It took me 2 hours to get 20
pages done and I'm not sure I'm accurately representing the math parts.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust -
Allan Zullo and Mara Bovsun