[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Audible.com free offer

  • From: Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:46:36 -0500

Hi Monica,

Do you have the phone number for Audible? Can you please email it to me privately?

Thanks so much.

Pat Ferguson

At 08:33 AM 6/21/05, you wrote:
We have one of those MP3 players Audible gives away. MuVo makes many MP3 players. I think the Audible one is more accessible than many other MP3 players because it does not use a little screen to navigate music or audio tracks. It's very simple with basic controls, although they are tiny. How much it holds depends on the quality of the audio you want. I usually select a high (large file) format and can only fit about half a novel, maybe 175 pages. Perhaps with less quality you can get a whole book on there. The Audible MuVo is very small, about the size of a pack of gum and fits easily in a shirt pocket. It has a built in USB plug so it's easy to use with the computer. If anyone knows where I can buy them, let me know since there's often more than one book going at a time in our house. I'd rather have a few of those single purpose players than complex players that hold more. We've had an Audible membership for about a year and have been happy with the quality and selection of their books. Using their software and procedure for downloading books and transferring to CD or players is sometimes frustrating due to incompatibility of burners and/or the locks Audible has to have in place to ensure copyright protection. However, the online help is good and their telephone support service has always been able to promptly solve my Audible problems. The only problem with Audible is that it costs money.

Monica