[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: A Nifty and Helpful Site for Tech Support

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 21:11:28 -0900

Too bad it can't tell you service pack release.  I believe all of this
info comes from the HTTP request sent to the server, so while useful
it also can't be trusted.  Although anyone knowledgeable enough to
change it would be capable of giving you these pieces of information.

On 1/9/10, Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Since we were saying a short while back that when we write in about a
> computer problem we're having we should give details about what we are
> running, I thought I'd share this site.
>
> Bruce showed me this web site tonight.
>
> Say you are helping someone with a computer problem and ask them what
> version of Windows they are running.  They say, "I don't know!"  This web
> site is a great place to send the person, because, when they go there, the
> form on the site will be filled out with the information that can be very
> helpful so that the tech support person will know what the person is
> running and how certain things about the system are set up such as screen
> resolution and color depth.
>
> The information shows on screen or can be printed out in a PDF file by
> hitting a link.  I just viewed it on screen.
>
> Try it yourself to see what it says about your system.
>
> http://supportdetails.com/
>
> Debby
>

> --
> mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> --
> Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
> about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the
> wind.--Ecclesiastes 6:9 NLT

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx