[bksvol-discuss] OT: A Nifty and Helpful Site for Tech Support

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 23:56:14 -0600

Hi everyone!

Since we were saying a short while back that when we write in about a computer problem we're having we should give details about what we are running, I thought I'd share this site.

Bruce showed me this web site tonight.

Say you are helping someone with a computer problem and ask them what version of Windows they are running. They say, "I don't know!" This web site is a great place to send the person, because, when they go there, the form on the site will be filled out with the information that can be very helpful so that the tech support person will know what the person is running and how certain things about the system are set up such as screen resolution and color depth.

The information shows on screen or can be printed out in a PDF file by hitting a link. I just viewed it on screen.

Try it yourself to see what it says about your system.

http://supportdetails.com/

Debby

--
mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>