[bksvol-discuss] OT: A Helpful Podcast

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:42:32 -0400

Hi everyone. I took the plunge and sent my first podcast to Blind Cool Tech. Bud Schwab said something on this list a couple of weeks ago that spurred me to record it. It was published on the site today. Since we work with a lot of files as we scan and validate, I think some of you may find it useful.

In the podcast I present a system I use that allows me to access almost every file I need in a matter of seconds, even if I don't remember the exact file name. This system will work regardless of which screenreader and operating system you use. People often discuss effectively finding things online, yet their local hard drive is scattered with files in various directories with no system for taming the information tornado. I want to change that by showing you an easy way to set up your computer files so you can focus on having fun instead of wasting time hunting for a file you need and ending up retyping or downloading it again. I hope you enjoy the podcast and find your own system for making your computer work for you. The title of the podcast is File Organization. You can find it and other Blind Cool Tech podcasts at http://www.blindcooltech.com

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com