[bksvol-discuss] OT: 101 Famous Poems

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear Lissi,

Yes, my copy is edited by Roy J. Cook, and he's
written a preface. If the newer copies I saw at the
used-book store weeks ago is still there I'll buy it
and mail it to anyone who wants to scan it--making
sure it has the same poems. The covers were identical
to mine.

BTW, my book is copyrighted 1929--before I was born.
It must have been my parents at one time, though I
remember having it as a child. It, too, is  revised
edition. I wonder when these poems were first
compiled.

O.K. I checked Amazon. The copies they have have
different covers so the ones in my used-book store, if
they're still there, must be like mine. I also found a
review by a lover of the book that that I'm posting
here for those who are interested. Apparently it was
first published in 1916 and has never been out of
print.

Cindy