[bksvol-discuss] Re: O'Reilly Books Question

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:51:23 -0500

Jim,

Volunteers aren't used for adding O'Reilly books to the collection.  They
come directly from the publisher and are processed in-house by the staff
because they don't require validation.  They get added to the collection
through the backdoor instead of being handled by volunteers.  From what I
understand, they are added in batches through a process which still requires
a bit of help by Engineering.

The reason we haven't seen any for a long time is due to staff turnover.
The Engineers who knew how to do it are no longer at Bookshare, and the new
Engineers have not had an opportunity to get up to speed on processing them.

HTH

Gerald