[bksvol-discuss] OK, gang, got a weird one!

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:08:51 -0400

Hi all,

I'm working on The Lady in Blue by Javier Sierra.  At the end of the book is
a document written in old Spanish.  Some of the "abnormalities" are standard
orthographic conventions of the period, things like using the letter u where
in modern Spanish there would be a V.  others are the result of the font.
So, for instance,  the letter S looks like an F.  This also is typical of
period texts.  My question: Should I correct/modernize it, or should I leave
it?  One option would be to correct font issues, but leave the period
orthography intact.   There is an English translation following the Spanish
text.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Donna