[bksvol-discuss] Re: OCR standards

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:20:43 -0500

Thanks, Ann! That helps me figure out what you were referring to. smile. I do my own coding in html, so I'm familiar with that, but I couldn't figure out whose note you were responding to!

Judy s.

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi Judy,

Sorry, sometimes I tend to go to the other extreme when it comes to quoting. I was referring to Valerie's bemoaning the fact that she wanted an editor which would present what she saw as what she got. I was teasing her just a bit. In HTML if you write it, you put in tags that tell the browser just how to present the text. When you see the tags, <p> for example, you know that the following text will be a paragraph until you see the </p> tag. When you see <h1 align="center">The title of My All American Novel</h1> You know that this is a title or header and that it will appear on the page when in a browser just as you told it to do. That's what I was getting at, and the references are to Linux editors which are like HTML but more complicated.

Ann P.