[bksvol-discuss] OCR errors

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:20:19 -0500

One that I can't fathom, that I've seen in a number of the military oriented books, is when a MIG becomes a MiGo. Typically, it will be something like a MIG-29 becoming a MiGo-29.
While I'm on the subject of military books, I guess it is once again time for my quarterly request for people to either delete the [com becomes corn] correction in their recognition dictionary, or do a global replace before submitting, cornmander, and cornmand are not words folks.

Dave

At 11:49 AM 3/9/2005, you wrote:
Hehehe
If you think r and t can't be confused just go to the web address in my
signature and when you get there look for the scannos link and hit enter
on it.  You will see just how many of those mistakes were made by that
particular confusion.

I used to be able to read print, so I know what a lot of letters look
like, too.  I just don't know much about unusual fonts.  Sometimes you
really have to use your imagination to fathom how things can be
misrecognized in the way they were.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity