[bksvol-discuss] OCR Corrections

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:31:14 -0500

Hi everyone. I like to scan books and want to do a good job with it. I like scanning in batch mode because the rhythm of it calms me and helps me to think somehow. That means that I'm not watching every page as it is scanned. Openbook has a feature to apply OCR corrections as I go and lets me add words to its auto-correct feature. For those of you who validate a lot, are there some common errors that you could point out for me to add to my auto-correct list? For example, I've found that replacing leaming with learning has been helpful, and replacing wiu with will helps too. I want to produce scans that are easy and fun for the validator, and I think the OCR correction feature can help with that goal. Thanks for any help you can offer.