[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T screen reader delemna

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 10:23:26 -0400

I use NVDA as the default screen reader on my netbook.  It works well with
IE8, and with most websites, though I haven't yet figured out how to do
the simulated mouse click with NVDA.  That doesn't come up much, though.
It also works well with Excel.  However, spellcheck in Word does not work
well with NVDA, so I do not use NVDA for the spellchecking part of my
proofreading.  It does read page breaks fine, so I use it to check that
all pages are present, fix fonts,  and to read sections of books.  For
spellcheck, I run a demo version of a more recent version of Jaws than I'm
licensed for.  It runs for 40 minutes, which is usually as long as I want
to deal with it in my "free" time anyway.
HTH.
Tracy