[bksvol-discuss] Re: O T messages and Miss Wings safe landing

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 05:09:11 -0500

Dear Pratik,

Pratik, I so misunderstood you! I believed when you said, "I'm going to kill you,," it was code for, "good work! Great ideas! have I told you lately you're one of my favorites on list?

Ok, Ok, I made that up.

I missed the post with your death threats, but caught the one where you questioned whether we were genial, and, since I had to admit our geniality has occasionally been in question, I substituted genius. True, we Booksharians have our intellectual peaks and valleys, as do the denizens of Mensa and Think Tanks, but I've noticed that geniuses are often excused for impatience, impracticality, passion for the idea, social faux pas, even ordinary forgetfulness. So,. By conferring genius status on everyone, I consider minor slippages in camaraderie, single minded defense of pet strategies, organizational complaints and attempted coups, and snappish dealings with the uninformed to be business as usual when mingling with the brilliant. And we're actually nice enough, often enough, to make inroads in to improving the genius stereotype.

Or if the above is more overstatement than you can swallow, then I'll go with the model of this list as an extended family with many precocious, unique individuals. And with families, anything goes. I could spin that metaphor out for volumes.

May I say your Scan of The Book of Lost Tales is so excellent that Validating it isn't like proofreading, My only function is as accent sprinkler There's not a parking lot's breadth of empty space in the whole file.

The above paragraph was no lie, but I have to ask hopefully if it helps keep me off your threaten to kill list I'm not on it, or grants me a stay of execution if I'm on it...or would I be safest to stifle my impulses to write fancifully to this list late at night.

Always with love...to my dying breath, which I hope is not imminent,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>