[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T got a VR stream and have questions

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:58:30 -0400

Hi all

Shellie,

You put the DAISY books from bookshare in the $VRdtb folder. If you got the braille copy, you put that in $vrtext

As for the voices, go to the Humanware site and download the correct version of the software with the voice you want. Yes, I'm not wild about her or Tom. So, what I do, is I put the bookshare books into Kurzweil and convert 'em to MP3. Now, you can't get the DAISY features, the navigation if you do this, but the voice is a heck of a lot more pleasant. If somebody knows of a way to convert DAISY text in Kurzweil so it retains its ability to navigate, I'll be in your debt. However, if you're planning to read the book all the way through, it's fine. Just put the mp3's in a folder called by the book's name in $vrother books.

HTH,
Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons