[bksvol-discuss] O_T got a VR stream and have questions

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:54:35 -0400

Hi you all, got my VR Stream and loving it so far.  Had it since Saturday.

But got two questions.

When transfering books from the Bookshare daisy files to the stream, what "folder" should i create the new folder for the dauisy files to go into?

is it "other books" or is there supposed to be a Bookshare folder, and how do you make such a critter.

Also.... where do i go to download and change the voice on the Stream. As a rule I generally can't stand the women voices, I know sexist, smile, and don't like Sandy or whatever her name is. how do I change it to the guy's voice?

I do like the one that says "Welcome to Victor Reader Stream"

Thanks for the help.

Signed up for the NLS digital Talking Books today.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace. -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)