[bksvol-discuss] Re: O T electronically dependent!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:48:36 -0500

I WANT MY BRAILLE NOTE back, smile.

I use that device as my

Bookshare book editor
hymnal at church
Braille translator and connects to my embosser
Address book (writing out Christmas cards is frankly impossible)
Planner
Bible at church
Notetaker
Book reader for long car rides
document writer at work
GPS unit on long trips.
And those are just the ones I really wish it was home for.

I also use the internet feature, or I did while at Western.

it was the way I could do my job efficiently and effectively.  Smile.

He should be in California, either today or Tomorrow, or Wednesday at the
maximum, and my Voc. Counselor is anxiously awaiting the call so can
authorize for funding to give him a much needed transplant, smile.

But man it, you better believe it I miss it.

Am adding books to the CF card though, and putting off editing them till I
get my unit back, have about four hundred books on therem to edit, sigh.

Luckily i have a Book courier as a back up for at least the book reading
function.  It doesn't do the bible too well, search function isn't very
useful, smile.  But it works as a back up.

Have gotten a LOT of knitting odone though, smile, as I can't sit on the
couch and edit in the evenings.  But never fear as soon as he comes home, he
will be back in service, and I know I have several books to be submitted.
Besides my index and thumb fingers aren't really enjoying all this knitting
practice.  And I need to braille by hand with slate and stylus the patterns
so I can knit away from the computer.  Am making a stocking, dog sweater,
hat and scarf for my mommy, a afghan that I have been working on for like
two months, and a scarf for my niece.

Smile.

But I really miss my Braillenote.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI