[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T Scanner drivers or a Trade

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:15:59 -0500

If you go to www.pricewatch.com you can search for a PCI SCSI interface card
for your computer.  You should be able to find one for about $20.  Actually
it seems harder to get the right cable for them, so if your friend has the
one that came with the scanner it would save a lot of trouble.  You would
then just have to know how many pins the end that goes to the computer has.
If you have XP you probably won't need any drivers for either the scanner or
the SCSI interface card.
I have installed them before, but i don't know if you are comfortable
installing hardware.  It is also good to have someone arround when you start
Windows again after installing the card, because you might get dialogs about
setting it up before you get speech.

Those scanners are great for large books, and equal to the speed of USB
scanners if you aren't scanning in gray scale.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net