[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T Outlook express help!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:57:52 -0400

It is what I thought it might be, smile, and I am slowly getting some of the information back, or at least seeking it, sigh, smile.

But, not cool OE, I know you thought I had way too much junk, but you didn't have to purge it like this.

Sue, what happened is while Outlook Express was compacting messages Windows crashed and restarted itself, so naturally when I opened OE again, all and every single message was gone!

My folder structure is there, my message rules are in place, the messages are just not there.

I can see the .bac files in my Recycle Bin, which I know OE makes while compressing files as a back up, but I can't see how to take those bac files and do something with them, smile. Picking restore does nothing, and Import only allows me to import from another email program, which I don't want to do. This wouldn't be so bad except I also misplaced a thumb drive, and that had my training journal on it, and well, am aggrevated beyond belief. I know I can get the stuff back it is just going to take time.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>