[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T I have a JOB

  • From: barbarab65@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:15:21 EST

Hi Shelly,

I know that Boston has great public transportation and I am almost sure  that
they have Paratransit. Massachusetts (outside of California) is one of the
states that has lots of services for people with disabilities. I was going to
go  to graduate school at Boston University but I changed my mind. In the
process, I found out about the transportation system in Boston and this was
years
ago. They had a rudimentary Paratransit system, at that time. I am sure  that
because of the ADA law and because of the proactive stance of Massachusetts
toward people with disabilities (they had services before the ADA law was
enacted), I am 99% sure that the Paratransit system is better. You can find
out
about special transportation on the Internet. Let me know what you  find.
Also, you probably know this, because of the ADA law, the public
transportation
system is supposed to provide mobility help free of charge to  anyone who uses
the Paratransit system to help people get used to a new area. At  least, this
is the way it is in California.

As Cindy said you will be meeting new people in Boston, and everything will
work out fine. This job is so exciting.

Barbara