[bksvol-discuss] Re: O_T Guide dogs in High school

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:57:15 -0500

Hi.

I was seventeen when I got my first guide. It was the summer before my senior year in high school, and I was kind of worried about how people would respond to having a dog in school. Luckily, my experience was pretty good. No one was cruel to my guide. There was a lot of interest in her, of course, and people did try to pet and feed her, thinking that I wouldn't notice. However, the staff was very cooperative, and, by the end of my senior year, she wasn't so much of a novelty anymore.

Shannon
solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>