[bksvol-discuss] O T Gorged with Chicken Soup

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:58:59 -0400

Dear Kasondra, Julie and Booksharian Friends, especially those who are still
speaking to me after reading this post,

I should have searched a little longer before sending the post about Blog and
Chicken Soup books, or maybe I should have never checked out the Chicken Soup
at all.

First, the Blog book I found on Amazon is available for as little as 97 cents
from Market Place sellers so with postage it would cost a little under five
dollars.

Bookshare has, Essential Blogging by Cory Doctorow and others.

As for Chicken Soup, there are 32 batches of it in the Bookshare collection, ,
but not the one for mothers of preschoolers. There's a Chicken Soup for the
Expectant Mother's Soul, 101 Stories To Warm the Hearts of Soon-To- Be-Mothers
which isn't in the collection, either.

If anyone is interested in adding even more soup, there are books for the

Military Soul
Entrepreneur's Soul
Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff
Teenage Soul The Real Deal Challenges 1 and 2
Teenage Soul IV
Teenage Soul Letters
Teenage Soul Journal
Teenage Christian's Soul
Golfer's Soul
Raising A Child With Special Needs
Chocolate Lover's Soul
Jewish Soul
Shopper's Soul
Golden Soul
Christian Soul II
Working Woman's Soul
Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul
Soul of Work
To Grandma with Love
Dieter's Soul
Dieter's Soul Daily Inspiration
Girl's Soul
Unsinkable Soul
Preteen Soul II
New Mom's Soul
Parent's Soul
Father's Soul
African-American Woman's Soul
Chiropractic Soul
NASCAR Soul
Writer's Soul
Baseball Fan's Soul
Fisherman's Soul
Cookbook
Dental Soul
Single Parent's
Beach Lover's
Latino Soul
Traveler's Soul
Chicken Soup Celebrates Dogs and the People Who Love Them Soul
in Menopause Laughing and Loving Through Hot Flashes and Hormones Soul
Kid's Soul 2
Sister's Soul
Sister's Soul 2
Soul of Hawaii
Scrapbooker's Soul
Caregiver's Soul 2
Woman Golfer's Soul
Bride's Soul
Every Mom's Soul
Mother & Daughter's Soul
Mother and Son Soul
Recovering Soul
Prisoner's Soul
Teenage Soul of Love and Friendship
Cat Lover's Soul
Grieving Soul
Girlfriend's Soul
Surviving Soul

I hope none of you have gasped so much
at this extreme proliferation
of souls requiring nourishment
that you've succumbed to hyperventilation.

When I found the book for Mother's of Preschoolers I was surprised. When I saw
bookshare had 32 Chicken Soup books I was more surprised. I thought it was
unreal there was Chicken Soup for expectant mothers. Then I made the above list
in recognition of Jack Canfield's ability to apply and grow rich on his feel
good recipe to the point of absurdity! What next? I didn't even list more of
the cookbooks or the titles in the entire series of Healthy living soup books
for every ailment in the Doctor's desk reference!.

Just when I was convinced Jack Canfield must have oversaturated the Chicken
Soup Market, I realized there were some serious omissions.After Double checking
I couldn't find Chicken Soup for

Complainer's Soul
Debtor's Soul
Obsessive's Soul
Computer Junky's Soul
Curious Soul
Programmer's soul
Nail Biter's Soul
Manicurist's Soul
Validator's Soul
Scanner's Soul
Slob's Soul
Perfectionists Soul
Gossip's Soul
Optimist's Soul
Insomniac's Soul
Guide Dog User's Soul
Cane User's Soul
Sighted Guide User's Soul

Of these, I've got the, check the time this post was sent, insomniac's soul

I'd almost bet real money that we'll be reading our Chicken Soup stories as we
slurp our, you know what, at Chicken soup fast food places in a few years.

How could I have ever worried that at our current pace we'd run out of books to
prepare for Bookshare? As long as there's a Jack Canfield, or Canfield Heirs or
corporation, our bowl of, you guessed it, chicken soup, to scan and validate,
will overfloweth..or did I mean to say runneth overeth.

Tell me Canfield wouldn't dare publish, "Chicken Soup for the Vegetarian Soul!"

Now to confess what a mark I am. I actually want to read Chicken Soup for the
writer's soul, which I own and will mail to anyone who will volunteer to scan
it. I'm serious. I mean it.

Nobody has to own up to this, but how many of you admit to yourselves that
you'd dream up a sappy tale if Jack Canfield asked you nicely? How many of you
would contribute to Chicken Soup for The Blind Soul?

And one last admission. I'm very relieved that Chicken Soup for the
Booksharian's Soul is served franchise free on these lists every day. Ours is
nonprofit, unedited, and homemade!

Always with love,

Lissi