[bksvol-discuss] O_T GRE and Accomodations for disabled students

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:29:27 -0500

hey Lisa,

These aren't book related suggestions, but sinde I went through the
"rigamarol" that is the ETS office.

1. Document everything!  Get copies of everything, application,
accomodations letters, emails, phone messages checks money orders,
everything.
2. Allow at least two months for accomodation requests.
3. BE DARN specific about what you want in regards to accomodations.

I had to learn these lessons the hard way, smile, and it was two and a half
years of hell, so... smile, I just don't want it to happen to you.  It is
not a good sign when calling the Department of Justice, that someone says
"Oh, ETS, yes, we have dealt with them before, in fact we have two agents
working with and on them right now, would you like us to give your number to
them.".

It was miserable and i am not the only one to be misstreated.

So cover yourself, and you may get the test free!

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.