[bksvol-discuss] O_T An update on us

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:44:36 -0500

Thanks everyone, believe me I was going crazy, smile, without my braillenote
and my internet for two weeks, smile.  Well the Braillenote for like a
month, smile.

Judson is a fantastic dog, I know I have said that before but he has really
proven his worth to me, smile.  I have never learned how to use subways, but
Judson knows them, and well so he is teaching me how to use them, what the
"yellow" line means, where the platforms are (I will not go any further
forward till a silver car shows up), and how to naviagate around the tracks
and the stations.  I am really proud of him.

O.k. enough of the bragging on the great dog.  Things are going great.  I
got to meet most of my students today, am missing three I believe, and I am
thinking there is no way I could hit them all in one day.  They range in age
from a first grader to a high schooler or three, smile.  And they read
print, braille, large print maginified and everything in between.

But I am finding it rewarding, and love it.

The apartment is huge, and the library is on the bus line.  I just need to
learn how to get to the actual library and I will have it made.

read a lot of books while not having access, and found them all to be truly
great.

The Cater Street Hangman is great, and Is It Me or My Meds, gave me a lot of
food for thought.
I also had a chance to read Dark Lord from Dirkhelm which could stand a
rescan, isn't truly horrible but isn't excellent either.  And let me see
what else.  Plan on writing reviews for them eventually.

But wanted to write a howdy and let you all know what we are up to.

Now to go shopping for necessities, and then do my laundry that needs to be
done.  Got home early today, or maybe i want to just go get a nap, hmmmmm,
thoughts to think about.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx