[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nuking Fair submissions

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:09:40 -0600

Hi Sue,
No, I don't think its a matter of favoritism. If you submit a book and post
about it to the list, attention is drawn to it, and somebody's likely to grab
it. And there are also people who go looking through to see if new
submissions have been posted, and if they see a new one that looks interesting,
they might grab that. I think there have been occasions when a validated book
has been pushed to the head of the line for the admin
to accept, as happens when a particularly hot book, such as Harry Potter, is
scanned by in house volunteers. I think the "my Life" book by ex-President
Clinton is another such example.
Other than examples like that, I believe the books get approved by the admin on
a first in first out basis. If that's wrong, I'd love to get the corrected
version from the powers that be at BookShare hq.
mary