[bksvol-discuss] Nonfiction submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:40:23 -0600

Hi, all.

I have just submitted Not Without My Sister by Kristina Jones, Celeste Jones,
and Juliana Buhring to step one. It was a difficult book to scan, as there were
some very strange fonts that messed with Kurzy quite a bit. However, I think I
caught and removed all of the strangeness. Headers have been stripped, along
with the junk characters that randomly appeared at the bottom of some pages.
Page breaks and chapter headings have been protected. Kurzy gave it a 99.71,
once all was cleaned up.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here's the synopsis:

Kristina, Celeste, and Juliana were all born into the Children of God cult, and
from as early as three years old were mistreated and used as sexual beings.
They were denied access to formal schooling, forced to wander the streets
begging for money, and were mercilessly beaten for "crimes" as harmless as
reading
an encyclopedia. After being separated from each other and their mothers and
forced to live in various missions with multiple foster parents, the sisters
eventually managed to escape. In this startling exposé, they have come together
to reveal in horrific detail the group that has destroyed the lives of
so many. Their intertwining stories reveal a community spread throughout the
world whose legacy of anorexia, depression, drug abuse, suicide, and even
murder are impossible to erase. Together, the sisters found a strength that
finally enabled them to uncover and free themselves from the shadows of their
past.

Shannon
Who can heal, but one who has healed herself?
Who can know, but one who has asked and sought?
Who can lead, but one who has traveled the way?
--ancient French proverb