[bksvol-discuss] Nonfiction Submission: Buddhism without Beliefs

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:41:47 -0500

Hey Folks, I just put something up on the Check Out page for whomever.

Buddhism without Beliefs by Stephen Batchelor. ISBN 978-1-57322-656-1.

It's been read through, spell checked, all page breaks and page numbers
accounted for, all fonts adjusted.

Here's a description from the back cover.

In this simple but important volume, Stephen Batchelor reminds us that the
Buddha was not a mystic who claimed privileged, esoteric knowledge of the
universe, but a man who challenged us to understand the nature of anguish, let
go of its origins, and bring into being a way of life that is available to us
all. What the Buddha taught, says Batchelor, is not something to believe in but
something to do--and as he explains clearly and compellingly, it is a practice
that we can engage in, regardless of our background or beliefs, as we live
every day on the path to awakening.

Evan