[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nobel Prize winners in Literature from 1901 was Special COllections

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't read any Thomas Wolfe, but I did find Maugham interesting reading--
another author who satirized society, though sometimes in a way too dark and
serious for me. I did like his line (I don't remember from which work) Marriage
is only a way to spend the rest of your life  paying for something that if
you'd been a little more clever you could have gotten for nothing. grin
Cindy