[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, January 12, 2012

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <scifi-request@xxxxxxx>, <scifi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 19:58:03 -0500

Hello Folks,

Not quite as many people as usual made it to the meeting last night, (probably
holiday preparations had something to do with that), but most of those who did
make it did not much like the book we read this month, Revelation Space by
Alastair Reynolds.

For this month, we've selected something quite a bit shorter, a mystery set on
Jupiter's moon Ganymede by one of the masters of the field. For the next
meeting,, we're reading Against Infinity by Gregory Benford.

Our next meeting will be held on January 12, 2012.

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00 UTC.

Place, Book Nook at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Bookshare has a copy of this book at:

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/4692

 but it is rated only good.

You can find the BARD copy at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.19574

Here's the NLS synopsis:

While terraforming Jupiter's giant, barren moon, Ganymede, earth colonists
encounter a mysterious alien life form billions of years old.

Hope you all have a great holiday season, and that more new people will join us
in the new year to read and talk about science fiction.

Evan