[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, December 13, 2012

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "SF list" <scifi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:58:07 -0500

Hello Folks,

We had a smaller than usual turnout at our most recent meeting. However, most
of us enjoyed our book, Freedom (TM) by Daniel Suarez. For this month, we go a
bit farther out with an anthology of stories called Engineering Infinity,
edited by Jonathan Strahan.

The next meeting of the Science Fiction club will be on Thursday, December 13,
2012.

Place, Book Nook att:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00 UTC.

Our book, Engineering Infinity is available as a digital download from the BARD
site at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.73821

Here is the NLS annotation:

Anthology of fourteen science-fiction short
stories. Includes works by Stephen Baxter, Charles Stross,
Karl Schroeder, and more.

A lot of big names in this collection, so it should have some exciting stuff in
it. Come and talk about it with us next month.

Evan