[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, December 10, 2015

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sfclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:09:33 -0500

Hello Folks,
A good showing at our most recent meeting, with most of us enjoying our book,
The Abyss Beyond Dreams by Peter F. Hamilton. For this month, we’re reading a
tale of exploration of a gigantic alien artifact in Bowl of Heaven by Gregory
Benford and Larry Niven.

The next meeting of the Science Fiction club will be on Thursday, December 10,
2015.

Place: Book Nook at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00 UTC.

Our book, Bowl of Heaven, is available as a digital download from BARD.

You can download it from:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.81753

Here is the NLS Annotation:

An expedition to another star system is jeopardized by an encounter with a
bowl-shaped structure half englobing a star. It contains a habitable area
equivalent to millions of Earths. The explorers are separated after landing,
and one group is captured by the bowl's inhabitants.

Come join us next month to talk about what sounds like an exciting tale of
exploration, or about anything else related to SF literature.

Evan